QuickBooks is most efficient financial management software that almost comes with yearly updates. It’s necessary for you to update it timely for the proper working of this application. If you are a newbie to this software..! Well, let me inform you that you can update the QuickBooks application either manually or automatically. For automatic update, you have to turn on the “Automatic Update” option.
But if you want to upgrade QuickBooks manually, we suggest you to update it once in a month. Perhaps if you require more detailed & accurate information about it – you can get in touch with the QuickBooks enterprise support team at 1(800)969-7370 anytime.
Important things to Remember before Upgrading
Updating to a new launch (instance: R3P into R5P) usually takes a slight change to the database. These modifications won’t create the information file readable with earlier releases.
That is different than updating to a new product variant (example: 2017 to 2018) in which the changes are important.
Ensure that you have QuickBooks Desktop Patch
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop, hit onto the “F2” key or “Ctrl+1” key on the system keyboard.
- Go to the “Product Information” screen and verify the QB current version as well as its release.
- Verify the available QuickBooks latest release QuickBooks Desktop 2020,QuickBooks Desktop 2019,QuickBooks Desktop 2018, QuickBooks Desktop 2017, QuickBooks Desktop 2016
Steps to Update QuickBooks Desktop to the Latest Release
Below we have given 2 option to update the QuickBooks to the latest release version.
Option 1: Manual Update
Method 1: Use Internet to Download Updates
- Proceed to the Downloads & Updates page.
- In the Select Product drop-down, then choose your “QuickBooks product“.
- In the Select Version drop-down, then choose the proper variant or year.
- Select “Get the latest updates“, subsequently Save/Save File to get the update.
- Once the download finishes, double-click to set up the update. You need to restart your Windows after the installation completes.
- To manually install upgrades across your system, you are able to:
Access the setup file onto your own computer from a different computer or Copy the setup file into a flash drive, then into the background of another computer.
Method 2: With the help of QuickBooks
- In the “File” menu, then choose the “Close Company/Logoff” icon.
- In the “File” menu, and then choose the “Exit” tab.
- Perform right-click on the QuickBooks icon, and then choose the “Run as Administrator” option.
- In the “No Company Open“ windows, navigate to the “Help“ menu & then select the “Update QuickBooks“ option.
- Move to the “Update Now“ option, and then check the “Reset Update” box.
- Choose the “Get Updates“ tab.
- Once the ‘Update Complete’ dialogue appear on the screen, shutdown the QuickBooks.
- Reopen the QuickBooks application..! If you see the install update message then hit onto the “Yes“ icon.
- Once the Installation is done, restart the system.
Method 3: Ultralight Patch (ULIP)
ULIP (Ultra Light Patch) is a characteristic in QuickBooks desktop where small crucial repairs can be sent without needing a real release limitation. The patch release procedure will last as will be (R releases for example 2017 R5).
The patch release method can continue as is (R releases like 2017 R5). Use the following steps as Option 2 to use the vital repairs. Ensure Essential Repairs is chosen prior to you transfer the updates.