While performing on QuickBooks several times one must delete or archive the info file to avoid unnecessary data storage and capacity usage. So, while doing this, you would possibly encounter a QuickBooks condense data error that stops you from file condensing. QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool or QuickBooks Condense Data Utility are the tools which will assist you in properly organizing the corporate file .
The content will elaborate on the varied aspects of all essential tool for QuickBooks to form life further easier on QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool
QuickBooks Condense feature is an integral a part of QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and provides you an choice to delete the QuickBooks Audit Trail. This process will minimize the file size while keeping the detailed transactions untouched. This feature isn't present within the traditional File Condense Feature. just in case you've got an oversized file that's taking tons of space then you'll use the Condense Repair Tool to reduce the File size with none damage done. QuickBooks Condense Feature within the remake
works faster than the previous ones. If you would like to access the feature then perform the below steps:
1. First, attend File
2. Then tap on
3. continue the ‘Condense Data’ option
4. Now there'll be an issue asking – How does one want to Condense the corporate file. Choose the primary option here.
5. Click ‘NEXT’ and you'll see a message saying ‘Working on the file.’ Once you complete this, then you'll see a window telling you the whole reduction of the File size and backup location before File Optimization.
Functions of QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool
QuickBooks Condense Repair may be a crucial tool that permits you to Condense the file size. However, you would like to remember of the functions and after-effects it'd wear various sections. Below given are guidelines that you simply got to be mindful of before File Condensing.
a) it's Non-Reversible
Once you condense the corporate file, then it can't be reversed. you would like to be convinced that you simply want to delete this file then only perform the method . check out the relevant points to use the Condense Feature.
1. an enormous file
2. Upgraded your Hardware
3. Closing an inventory Limit
4. The accounts team and therefore the technical support has recommended it as a necessary option in any case evaluations.
b) won't add a couple of cases
If you deal in Inventory items, then the Condense feature doesn't work. Therefore, only a few transactions get condensed with only a few changes within the file size. Moreover, Open transactions don't get condensed with none effect on the file size.
c) won't Fix the File Damage
When you are looking are using the Condense Utility to repair a damaged Company file, then the Condense feature won't repair the ‘Damaged Company File’. you would like to use methods like ‘Restore Backup Company file’ or Make a replacement file to correct the damage. Please note the Condense feature in QuickBooks doesn’t remove the below-listed transactions.
<>The Payroll Transactions – it'll not condense the Payroll Transactions dated before 31 Dec, or the Employees’ W2 isn't analyzed and reviewed.
<> The Invoice, Refund Checks, Payments, Credit Memos – you would like to link these things properly, otherwise, they won’t be removed.
<> Payments recorded to Undeposited Funds – These are those that don't get deposited to checking account .
<> Bill Credits, Bill Payment Checks, Bills – These documents also will be not eliminated if not appropriately linked to every other.
<> Estimates connected to Invoices – The estimates can’ t be condensed to Journal Entries.
nuisance tax not paid via ‘Pay nuisance tax ’ – Paying Sales Tax with checks keeps the invoices open. The invoices are Non-Condensable.
<> Transactions connected to a Non-Condensable Transaction – The transaction linked to a Non-Condensable transaction is additionally Non-condensable, so you can't condense these.
d) Affect on some specific reports
The Condense feature features a different effect on different reports. Let’s see how?
1. The Account-Based and therefore the Item Based report are going to be correct and accurate because the entries on the Account don't get affected.
1. The Profit and Loss (Accrual)
2. record (Accrual)
3. balance (Accrual)
4. The income Statement (Accrual)
However, the below Item Based Reports are going to be Blank as all item Data are going to be gone.
1. The Sales and buy Reports
2. Job Costing Reports
3. A/R and A/P aging reports.
2. All accounting Reports
The reports are going to be inaccurate
3. The reports that are Filtered by Class
The transactions that are summarized by the utility won't have the classes assigned. If you'll RUN a Profit & Loss Report by the category which will reflect all amounts within the ‘Unclassified Column.’
4. The nuisance tax Liability Report
While condensing a journal entry, there's an amount credited to the Income account. If QuickBooks doesn't knows which portion of the income is taxable and what's non-taxable. Additionally, tax collected from the invoices and doesn't exists any more will show a ‘zero balance’.
5. The A/R collections Report
This report shows the ‘Condensed Journal Entries’ within the ‘No Name’ section. Secondly, the entries to the assets aren't linked to ‘Closing Transactions’ and can appear as Open.
6. The Sales and buy Detail Report
This report also will be blank, and there'll be no more invoices & bills.
7. Audit Trail Report
All the transactions get eliminated once you RUN the Condense feature. Therefore, you'll not see the transactions within the Audit Trail report.
Condensing does affect the Reconciliation process. i.e., you'll get a right Opening balance, Checks, and deposits which may cause incorrect or no reconciliation of reports. Finally, the statement could be incorrect because the last reconciliation has already gone.
Steps to use the QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool
QB Desktop 2018 and earlier versions
Next thing in line is to know the way to utilize the QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool. There are some requirements before and after for performing the ‘Company File Condensing’ process. we'll have an in depth and thorough check out the below entries to understand the method better.
1. search for the Non-condensable transactions
2. RUN the Report
3. Prepare the corporate File
4. Save Comparison Reports
5. Condense QB Desktop Company File
6. Period Copy Feature
7. Next Match the Pre & Post Condense Files
a) search for the Non-Condensable Transactions
For the QB Desktop Premier & Enterprise Solutions, RUN any report back to see which are the transactions which will not be condensed. If you would like to ascertain the Non-Condensable transaction, then see the unique link which will bring the transaction to the screen.
b) Run the report
Now RUN the Report and perform the below steps
1. First attend File Menu- Choose utilities- Select Condense Data in QuickBooks
2. within the wizard tool, select ‘transactions before specific date’ and fill within the Correct date.
3. Now Checkmark the choice ‘Create a Report showing which transactions can't be removed.’ (Optional)
4. Select ‘Next’ and choose ‘Summarize Inventory Transactions.’
5. Next, choose the way to Condense Inventory and choose ‘’
6. Choose Transaction groups you need to get rid of and choose ‘’
c) Prepare the corporate File
You can perform the below-given steps to form the corporate file.
1. First, eliminate the info File deadline . you can't Condense Data for any periods that come after the deadline .
2. attend ‘Edit Menu’ then select Preferences
3. Select Accounting then navigate to ‘Company Preferences’ Option
4. Select set/date the Password within the deadline area
5. Remove ‘Date’ within the deadline Box
6. Press OK.
The above information is enough to understand about the QuickBooks Condense Repair Tool, but if any query you would like to clear, just dial - 1-855-481-5338.