prep 10 mins
cook 40 mins
total 50 mins
A soft vanilla cookie cake stuffed with Cadburys Caramel. Chunks of Chocolate and caramel fill this cookie cake.
- 150 grams coconut oil (solid form), (3/4 cup)
- 100 grams granulated sugar, (1/2 cup)
- 80 grams Icing sugar (Confectioners sugar), (1/2 cup)
- 2 lare eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 450 grams Plain flour (All Purpose), (3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 regular sized cadburys caramel bars
- Preheat your oven to 190C / 375F / Gas mark 5 and lightly grease a loose bottom round tin or line a 9 inch square tin with parchment paper.
- Beat the coconut oil and the sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time beating between each addition. Add in the vanilla extract and milk, mix till everything is well incorporated.
- Add in the flour, baking powder and salt and very gently bring everything together.
- Split the mixture in two and with one half cover the bottom of your tin and press it down into all the corners.
- Place your chocolate bar pieces in a circle so every slice will get some of that chocolaty caramel goodness 🙂
- Take the other half of the batter and crumble it all over the top until everything is covered and then gently press down till you have a smooth top.
- Pop your tin in the oven for 35-40 minutes. You are looking for you cookie cake to have turned a light golden colour and be firm to the touch.
- Take it out of the oven once it has baked and allow it to cool down before you take it out of its tin and cut it up. Kept in an airtight tin this cookie cake will last 5 days.
courses biscuits / cookies
Recipe by Bake Then Eat at https://baketheneat.com/cadburys-caramel-cookie-cake/