Garmin caters to a wide variety of purchase options for maps of other cities and countries around the globe. The instructions to download and purchase the map on your device are discussed in the post. After installing the new maps, the pre-loaded maps will continue to work as it is.
The process is quite interesting and easy to execute. Yes, the installation of the map on the device depends on the network speed.
- *Compatible Garmin device.
- *USB cable.
- *SD card if the internal storage of the device is not sufficient. You can *purchase the card separately from the online store.
- *Windows or Mac computer with Garmin Express installed.
- *High-Speed internet connection with DSL cable or wireless connectivity. Dial-*up, fixed wireless, and satellite connections are not supported.
- *Credit card to purchase the map.
Downloadable content is not supported for map updates. A new copy of the map is required to purchase it.
- Select the map from the ‘City Navigator’ page.
- Go to ‘Compatible devices’ and check if the map is compatible with the device or not.
- Go to ‘Download’ and select the version you want to add to the cart.
- Check the order before confirming it.
- Login or create a Garmin account if prompted.
- Select the shipping address if already added and click ‘Continue’.
- Enter the billing address and select ‘Continue’.
- Enter the credit card information in the required field and select ‘Place secure order’.
You will find the confirmation message on the screen. Once the order gets completed you can start with the installation process.
- Connect the Garmin device to the computer with the help of USB cable.
- Open the Garmin Express on your computer. For windows, double click on the express icon from the system tray and if the desktop icon is available, then simply click on ‘Desktop’. If you don’t find it anywhere, click on the ‘Garmin Express’ from the Start menu. You will find ‘Garmin Express’ in the application folder.
- Go to the ‘Garmin’ device and select ‘Add a device’. Follow on-screen instructions to add the device if you don’t find it in the list.
- Click on ‘Tools and content’.
- Go to the ‘Purchase’ tab.
- Go to ‘Garmin Sign-in’ and login to the same account from which you have purchased the map.
- If the map is not available in the window opened, then click on the ‘Cloud’ icon and download the map.
You will find the current status of the downloading from the ‘Garmin Express’ window. Installation completed message will appear on the screen once the installation gets completed. You can now disconnect the device from the computer.
Start using the Garmin GPS as you were using earlier without any problem. We hope the steps will be proven helpful for you and you will get the map updated on your Garmin device on your own. For further assistance or support, you can contact Garmin experts available round the clock.